The computer was in the shop for most of the week and just got it back. I want to thank all of you for checking back in with my blog and posting supportive comments to soothe my viral-induced ranting.
But now I have taken a few calming deep breaths, paid the kind gentleman at the repair shop $213.00 smackeroos, and am once again able to happily participate in the worldwide web. (Which it turns out I am much more addicted to than I thought – no FeedDemon, no blogs, no surfing for fun stuff, no email – I had the doldrums all week.)
I’ve always thought activity fends off the blues, so I did a lot sewing, including some of the stuff I normally push aside because it seems dreary, like mending. But this week mending suited my mood, so here is what I got done.
My husband has taken the digital camera to work, so no pics I’m afraid 😦
Which is too bad because I have been busy. Here is my list.
- Hemmed 3 pair of jeans.
- Put binding on pencil roll.
- Hemmed a pair of DD pants.
- Hemmed and sewed buttons on one of the V7700 shirts.
- Mended a sleeve hem.
- Mended black linen tank that lost a battle with the washer turnstyle.
- Sewed fleece scarf and hat for husband.
- Used leftover fleece and made a hat for myself.
- Took an old sweater and made two skullcaps for husband, because the fleece hat didn’t look quite right.
- Mended underarm seam of turtleneck.
- Finished a practice muslin of Simplicity 2923 which has languished in the basket since this summer because I felt overwhelmed by the instructions. Turns out it looks on me like a dumpy nurses uniform from the 1950’s. White hose and a hypodermic is all I needed to complete the effect. More on that later. 🙂
- Finished a wearable muslin of a jacket pattern, Simplicity 2728, which I am pleased with. I have only to slipstitch the lining at the sleeve hem, and add buttons.
- Started a practice muslin of a DK tank Vogue 1039. Even without side seams and in ugly faded calico – It’s cute! When I finish I will post a review. I’m excited about this one after the disappointing dress.
Now I can actually see a tiny sliver of the bottom of the sewing basket!!
I kept thinking that I wasn’t making any progress at all and now I think I just might be rid of the sewing basket blocking the closet door in time for my stash bash end date of December 17th. Hooray!!
Next Post:If my camera comes back I will post some pics of this weeks stash bash. If not I will post on Tuesday, December 7, 2010 a pattern review of the dress, tank or jacket, I can’t decide which.